Each year, senior class marshals work hand in hand with the Office of University Development to create a student-centered giving campaign. Seniors are encouraged to give during their senior year to the class campaign and, by doing so, are made aware of the institution’s needs for private giving. The campaign enables seniors to leave their heelprint on Carolina and make gifts to the areas of campus that they love most. There are thousands of funds to which seniors can designate their gifts.
The Class of 2013 gave over $33,000 to the University in academic year 2012-2013. Now it’s time for the Class of 2014 to start leaving their legacy on Carolina!
The Office of University Development and the Class of 2014 marshals encourage seniors to support the area of campus that means the most to you! Gifts made by seniors designated to any University fund will be considered participation in the 2014 Senior Campaign for Carolina. If the Class of 2014 achieves its 48 percent participation goal, they will have topped the Class of 2011’s 47 percent record!
Where Can I Give?
You can support scholarships, student organizations or a specific school or unit. You name it and there is probably a designated fund for it! Gifts of any size make a difference at Carolina. As a student, you benefit every day from the impact of private gifts that provide:
- Funding for student awards, conference opportunities and study abroad
- Exposure to world–renowned guest lecturers on campus
- Affordable admission to world–class performances and art collections
- Access to unique library collections and subscription–only scholarly journals
- Access to quality education through merit– and need–based scholarships
- New technology and equipment in state–of–the–art classroom and athletic facilities
Why Should I Give?
We hope you realize how valuable your gift is, no matter the size. Annual gifts help Carolina continue to be recognized as an international leader in higher education.
In addition to knowing that you’ve helped your class make an impact:
- All donors to the 2014 Senior Campaign will be recognized in an Online Donor Honor Roll.
- Donors who provide a contribution of $5 or more will receive a Class of 2014 decal (only available through the campaign).
- Donors who contribute at least $20.14 will also receive a Tar Heel lapel pin to wear at graduation and will be specially noted in all honor rolls.
The class will also be recognized with a stone paver at the Bell Tower indicating the class participation total, like this one recognizing the Class of 2009:
How Do I Give?
It’s easy to make your gift now by Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Participate today with three simple steps:
1. Decide what program in academics, student-life or athletics you want to support.
2. Decide on a gift amount that’s right for you. Remember, you have the option to do automatic monthly or quarterly installments. A giving plan can help you increase the amount you give back to Carolina over an academic year. With a gift of $250 or more in an academic year (July 1 – June 30) you will be granted membership in the 1793 Society, which recognizes leadership annual giving donors.